Ep. 13 - You've Made A Liar Out Of Me
Addiction and Betrayal can make us feel inauthentic as we submit to shame and cover up what we’re going through. It causes us to isolate and avoid others. That lack of honesty and vulnerability makes it harder to connect with others and harder to recover and heal. But as we open up and share our story with those we love, it helps us connect and be authentic and speeds the process of recovery and healing. At least it did for us! This episode 13 of the Clark N Linda Show is exclusively for our Podcast listeners! (AKA, we were not able to record the video in the studio)
We're learning to connect, to feel safe & confident in marriage. You can too! Listen in or watch the ugly crying on 20 raw conversations from our first season!
BTW I always felt like this (HP Wizards dueling), like I needed to attack him because "he wouldn't let me" share my story. Finally, I could explain it in a way that he could understand and got back on my team and we could work things out and he understood my need to share my story so I could be honest with those around me.
TIME CODES & SHOW NOTES
- 1:21 - Intro by Clark
- 5:30 - Linda’s thoughts
- 9:22 - Sometimes there can be a disconnect as the addicted starts to recover but the betrayed is still in pain.
- 12:30 - The betrayed can feel responsible for addicted’s recovery
- 15:20 - Feelings, while always valid, may not always reflect reality
- 19:00 - Clark’s thoughts - addiction made a liar out of me. No peace when you are lying.
- 25:27 - Interesting email Clark got
- 27:52 - John 8:32
- 32:46 - Clark sees the effect of authenticity for Linda
- 35:22 - HOMEWORK Talk about when and who you will be able to share with someone.
Talk about when and who you will be able to share your real story with someone.
SUBSCRIBE & SHARE
Feeling alone was the WORST, share this with someone you think will benefit. Listen in or watch the ugly crying on 20 raw conversations from our first season!