Ep. 15 - We Told The Kids!
Whether you tell them or not, your kids will sense something is going on. It will affect them even if they don’t say anything. Don’t leave them in the dark! Your family is a team and being vulnerable with those you love makes your connections stronger. In this episode, we talk about why it’s important to share with your kids, how you might want to approach it, and we share what our experience was like, how they reacted, and what we’ve done since to keep our armor strong. They can help us fight when they know we are under attack!
We're learning to connect, to feel safe & confident in marriage. You can too! Listen in or watch the ugly crying on 20 raw conversations from our first season!
TIME CODES & SHOW NOTES
- 1:01 - Quote from Ten Powerful Things to Say to Your Kids - “I make mistakes too” https://www.amazon.com/dp/0943097185/
- 3:10 - Linda’s thoughts
- 8:43 - 7 Things Linda thinks kids could know
- 8:52 - 1. They are loved & 2. We’re choosing to stay together
- 9:45 - 3. Be familiar with what we’re talking about
- 10:13 - Good Pictures, Bad Pictures - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KQFWR6J
- 12:46 - 4. We aren’t perfect. It’s ok to not be perfect. Everyone makes mistakes.
- 14:40 - 5. How to say that you’re sorry
- 16:42 - 6. To identify the enemy
- 19:13 - 7. Christ provides healing
- 20:27 - Clark’s thoughts
- 31:41 - Homework: Make an age-appropriate plan for talking with your kids.
- 36:00 - 30 Days of Sex Talks for Ages 3-7: Empowering Your Child with Knowledge of Sexual Intimacy - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00YJJFRT2
- 36:48 - My Body Is a Gift from God: Introducing Conversations to Safeguard Children - https://www.amazon.com/dp/0997966904/
Make an age-appropriate plan for talking with your kids.
SUBSCRIBE & SHARE
Feeling alone was the WORST, share this with someone you think will benefit. Listen in or watch the ugly crying on 20 raw conversations from our first season!