Ep. 16 - You are Enough - Part 1 - The Once Addicted
In this episode, Clark and Linda try to help the addicted to overcome Satan’s tactic of getting them to forget who they are and feel worthless. They review scriptures, talks, and even Disney movies that help them remember their divine identity and know they are more than enough. They present homework to help them receive confirmation of their identity directly from Heavenly Father and challenge listeners to try doing daily affirmations as a regular reminder.
This Episode 16 of the Clark n Linda Show was recorded exclusively for our Podcast Audience because we just didn't give ourselves enough time. Honestly, it's a lot of work setting up the studio! We plan to build an in-home studio. Coming soon!
- 3:19 - Quote from Pres. Thomas S. Monson: “Remember who you are and what God expects you to become. You are a child of promise. You are a man of might. You are a son of God.”
- 3:45 - Clark’s thoughts
- 6:59 - Talk by Elder Tad R. Callister
- 9:41 - “The true test of a man’s character is what he does when no one is watching” - John Wooden 10:35 - “We sow our thoughts, and we reap our actions; we sow our actions, and we reap our habits; we sow our habits, and we reap our characters; we sow our characters, and we reap our destiny.” - David O McKay
- 11:18 - Proverbs 23.7 “For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he…”
- 12:10 - Why do I feel so bad about myself?
- 14:39 - Elder K Brett Nattress
- 17:15 - Am I a Child of God? By Elder Brian K. Taylor
- 20:11 - Alma 32.27
- 28:00 - Linda’s Digital Printables Shop where she does the baptism invites she mentioned (and lots of other cool stuff) and Scripture Posters for your Arsenal.
- 29:57 - Ether 12.37
- 30:29 - Alma 49.8
- 31:17 - Ephesians 6.16
- 31:29 - Alma 26.12
- 31:50 - The Power of Scripture by Elder Richard G. Scott
- 32:49 - Knowing Who You Are by Kevin J Worthen
- 34:21 - Homework part 1: Pray and ask, “Father, what do you think of me? Who am I to you?”
- 36:24 - Daily Affirmations w/ Stuart Smalley
- 38:13 - Homework Part 2: Come up with affirmations statements and say them regularly. Ideas can be found at Addressing Pornography.
- 38:45 - 100 Affirmation Arsenal for Men PDF
SUBSCRIBE & SHARE
Feeling alone was the WORST, share this with someone you think will benefit. Listen in or watch the ugly crying on 20 raw conversations from our first season!
Disclaimer: The Clark N Linda Show includes thoughts, opinions, experiences, and testimonies of hosts Clark & Linda Winegar. The information shared is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional sexual addiction therapy, betrayal trauma therapy, marriage counseling/therapy or legal advice. Please seek professional help for recovery & healing. You know, like from people who actually went to school or have had more than just 1st hand experience with this. Also, said thoughts, opinions, experiences, and testimonies represent those of two individual members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, BUT we do not claim to represent or speak for The Church in any official capacity. Expressed views and opinions should not be construed as official church doctrine—though we’ll certainly try not to stray far from it and hope someone calls us out if we do.