Ep. 18 - What is a Lost Battle?
What is a "Lost Battle?" What does it mean to the addicted? What does it mean to the betrayed? How can we even talk about it? Can we process a lost battle?
FYI: If you're looking for Episodes 16 & 17, they were special episodes only recorded for our Podcast audience, feel free to join us on your fave podcast player!
- 1:44 - Clark - Welcome and intro
- 3:41 - Linda’s thoughts
- 7:31 - Linda’s reaction to the lost battle
- 9:46 - Conflicting feelings - want to be supportive, but can’t minimize how much it hurts
- 14:21 - If his addiction has nothing to do with me then why does it affect me so much?
- 15:50 - A mom’s reaction vs a wife’s
- 19:24 - Can trust be regained?
- 29:36 - Clark shares what happened
- 43:26 - Clark shares Linda reaction from his point of view
- 45:40 - What to do after? Lost battle analysis. Embrace Change Get Help that’s not your wife
- 54:24 - What I’ve learned - Buckle up. You’re in for some rough times
- 55:14 - Just because you’re on the same team doesn’t mean you won’t fight
- 56:56 - A lot battle doesn’t reset your relationship to ground zero. It puts you in a hole that’s worse than before and you have to dig out.
- 1:05:02 - What to do in your relationship
- 1:05:59 - Be patient
- 1:14:42 - Don’t give up. You WILL feel rejected for a while, but don’t stop reaching out and being nice.
- For the addicted: Read through lost battle analysis, even if you haven't lost a battle. (Lost battle analysis can be found in the book linked below)
- For the betrayed: Get some self care, maybe a good boxing workout!
*A Lost Battle - is described more in the FREE Like Dragons Did They Fight book (https://bg416-679c00.pages.infusionso...) by Maurice Harker who founded the Men of Moroni Program as well as Life Changing Services. (http://www.lifechangingservices.org) Check them out to learn more and get support. If you are the once betrayed or currently betrayed, you WANT to hear Maurice, he is so validating. (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb4q...)
SUBSCRIBE & SHARE
Feeling alone was the WORST, share this with someone you think will benefit. Listen in or watch the ugly crying on 20 raw conversations from our first season!