Ep. 5 - Stop Fighting Yourself
Clark (with 185 days of sobriety) talks about what has helped him the most this time around in his recovery from addiction to pornography. In this Ep. 5, he talks about countless broken promises to self, consuming thoughts of despair including, depression and thoughts of suicide.
We're learning to connect, to feel safe & confident in marriage. You can too! Listen in on some raw conversations every Friday.
TIME CODES & SHOW NOTES
- 2:30: Broken promises to self.
- 4:03: What's helped the most is a greater recognition of Satan.
- 4:38: How do you win a battle against yourself?
- 5:25: I am a good person, at least I am trying to be.
- 7:00: What got me started in the Men of Moroni Program
- 7:38: Like Dragons Did They Fight Book Excerpt -
- 9:23: "You catch yourself doing things to get others to leave you alone."
- 15:40: I own that those were my choices.
- 16:15: Thoughts of despair including, depression and suicide.
SUBSCRIBE & SHARE
Feeling alone was the WORST, share this with someone you think will benefit. Share the Video from Youtube or Podcast on iTunes or Google Play or your fave podcast player & listen in on some raw conversations every Friday night.
Disclaimer: The Clark N Linda Show includes thoughts, opinions, experiences, and testimonies of hosts Clark & Linda Winegar. The information shared is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional sexual addiction therapy, betrayal trauma therapy, marriage counseling/therapy or legal advice. Please seek professional help for recovery & healing. You know, like from people who actually went to school or have had more than just 1st hand experience with this. Also, said thoughts, opinions, experiences, and testimonies represent those of two individual members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, BUT we do not claim to represent or speak for The Church in any official capacity. Expressed views and opinions should not be construed as official church doctrine—though we’ll certainly try not to stray far from it and hope someone calls us out if we do.
SUBSCRIBE & SHARE
Feeling alone was the WORST, share this with someone you think will benefit. Listen in or watch the ugly crying on 20 raw conversations from our first season!