Ep. 7 - Out With The Old, In With The New
What things need to change in our marriage and family? Why can't we just do the same things we did before! Linda talks about the stages of trauma. Clark's struggle with addiction doesn't define who he is.
We're learning to connect, to feel safe & confident in marriage. You can too! Listen in or watch the ugly crying on 20 raw conversations from our first season!
TIME CODES & SHOW NOTES
- 1:00 - 5 Stages of Trauma (Denial, Bargaining, Anger, Mourning & Acceptance)
- 5:42 - Brene Brown - "Anger is powerful catalyst, or a life sucking companion."
- 6:17 - Marie Forleo - "Anger is just energy and all energy can be transformed."
- 7:57 - Work Trip too soon!
- 8:47 - Clark loses battles on work trips but admits that he needed a "babysitter."
- 11:27 - Linda doesn't want to go to the Temple.
- 12:05 - Linda also in the mist of darkness, she decided.
- 14:20 - Mormon Mompreneur Podcast "Decide with prayer proceed with confidence."
- 16:00 - Pres. Monson Quote "Choose your love, love your choice."
- 18:19 - 1st Step in Addiction Recovery "Admit that you, of yourself, are powerless to overcome your addictions and that your life has become unmanageable."
- 18:40 - Own and Face shame!
- 22:03 - Clark is not an addict, that does not define me, I'm a son of God who is struggling with addiction. You are not your sin!
- 23:40 - Talk by Elder Condie "The devil uses thousands of different tactical temptations, but I would submit that all of these temptations could be subsumed within two major satanic strategies. Pride and Discouragement..."
- 25:13 - The Way I Am - Martin Sexton Song -
- 32:02 - We need to focus on our own connection with God.
- 41:40 - Thoughts of this song by Relient K - Who I Am Hates Who I've Been -
- 47:19 - Elder Renlund Talk - Story of Heart Transplant Patient. -
- 50:34 - Hope Works Matt Townsend - "We are spiritual beings having a human experience."
- 53:10 - Endowed with power, the cleansing and sanctifying power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. We need the power of the Atonement of Christ.
- 55:48 - Things Clark put on the altar. Recovery takes up a lot of time!
What are you going to put on the altar? Make a list of the things you have sacrificed and things you are going to sacrifice to make that mighty change of heart. Discuss what you want your life and marriage to look like in the future. What could you look forward to?
SUBSCRIBE & SHARE
Feeling alone was the WORST, share this with someone you think will benefit. Listen in or watch the ugly crying on 20 raw conversations from our first season!