Ep. 8 - Helping Her Heal
We discuss the Helping Her Heal video from Dr. Weiss. Linda shares how Dr. Weiss validates all of the betrayed’s feelings, emotions, thoughts, actions and reactions through this video. Clark shares how the 6 steps Dr. Weiss shares really do help the addicted to validate the betrayed’s feelings which lead to more productive conversations to help Linda heal.
We're learning to connect, to feel safe & confident in marriage. You can too! Listen in or watch the ugly crying on 20 raw conversations from our first season!
TIME CODES & SHOW NOTES
- 1:40 - Man in sewer story
- - 3:10 - Buy Dr. Weiss DVD
- - 17:40 - Step 1 - Try to hear her heart
- - 17:49 - Step 2 - Discover and explore her feelings
- - 18:31 - Step 3 - Validate her feelings
- - 19:36 - Step 4 - Take responsibility
- - 20:18 - Step 5 - Ask, “What do you need from me?”
- - 20:38 - Step 6 - Do what she asks
- - 34:08 - President Ezra Taft Benson quote:
- - 35:10 - President Oaks Quote - https://speeches.byu.edu/talks/dallin-h-oaks_revelation/
- - 44:50 - Grant Cardone Quotes: “Success is your duty, obligation, and responsibility.”
- - 45:52 - Continued: “Quit blaming your past for your current condition.”
- - 46:24 - “Approach every situation with a ‘whatever it takes’ mindset.”
- - 46:42 - “Don’t let what has happened in the past prevent you from dominating the year.”
- - 50:02 - Plea for feedback, emails email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org
Do a role play with your spouse and practice the steps recommended by Dr. Weiss.
SUBSCRIBE & SHARE
Feeling alone was the WORST, share this with someone you think will benefit. Listen in or watch the ugly crying on 20 raw conversations from our first season!