Ep. 9 - Don't Taint Good Memories
We discuss how addiction and betrayal can taint our good memories and lead to discouragement and despair if we’re not careful and strategies for overcoming that discouragement and preserving good memories.
We're learning to connect, to feel safe & confident in marriage. You can too! Listen in or watch the ugly crying on 20 raw conversations from our first season!
TIME CODES & SHOW NOTES
- - 4:05 - Comparison to Pixar’s Inside Out
- - 7:44 - ADR Step 4
- - 14:02 - Until 70 x 7
- - 15:16 - Am I Good Enough? Will I Make It?
- - 16:23 - “Keep trying. Keep trusting. Keep believing. Keep growing. Heaven is cheering you on today, tomorrow, and forever.” - Elder Jeffrey R. Holland
- - 16:32 - “However many chances you think you have missed, however many mistakes you feel you have made …, I testify that you have not traveled beyond the reach of divine love. It is not possible for you to sink lower than the infinite light of Christ’s Atonement shines.” - Elder Jeffrey R. Holland
- - 16:48 - “God’s love is there for you whether or not you feel you deserve love. It is simply always there.” - President Thomas S. Monson
- - 16:57 - "Though we are incomplete, God loves us completely. Though we are imperfect, He loves us perfectly. Though we may feel lost and without compass, God’s love encompasses us completely." - Elder Dieter F. Uchtdorf
- - 17:12 - “Repentance isn’t His backup plan in the event we might fail. Repentance is His plan, knowing that we will.” - Elder Lynn G. Robbins
- - 17:23 - “Above all, never lose faith in your Father in Heaven, who loves you more than you can comprehend.” - Elder Jeffrey R. Holland
- - 22:58 - 1 Corinthians 14:33 “For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace…”
- - 24:05 - Howard W. Hunter quote - “Fear, which can come upon people in difficult days, is a principal weapon in the arsenal which Satan uses to make mankind unhappy.”
- - 24:42 - Elder Uchtdorf Quote - despair, or a lack of hope, “drains from us all that is vibrant and joyful and leaves behind the empty remnants of what life was meant to be. Despair kills ambition, advances sickness, pollutes the soul, and deadens the heart.”
- - 28:28 - Bro. Craig L Manning quote from BYU speech “Faith begins with how you talk to yourself”
- - 31:13 - Pres. Monson quote “Our future is as bright as our faith.
Recovering Addict - Do Step 4 but add in good things too.
Couple - Discuss which memories you will protect and how.
SUBSCRIBE & SHARE
Feeling alone was the WORST, share this with someone you think will benefit. Listen in or watch the ugly crying on 20 raw conversations from our first season!